|He loves to feed chickens!|
My husband came up with an idea to make Easter fun and different - we are going to play lots of different games with the winners receiving strange prizes...that I can not divulge here as one of them might read it and know our plan...teee-heee!
I also wanted to share this easy to make "pie" - it has become one of my favorite special dishes to make. It isn't has "pretty" as I would have liked it to be...but I know just by the smell it will be delicious.
|Candied Sweet Potato Pie - Oh, Yum|
1/4 cup butter
2 lbs sweet potatoes or yams (yams make it more colorful)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup pecan halves
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Peel and slice either sweet potatoes or yams 1/4 inch thick and set aside.
2. Melt butter add sweet potatoes and stir to coat in butter. Cook one minute over medium heat.
3. Sprinkle with sugar, lift and fold gently to coat potatoes in sugar. Cook 5-8 minutes more to caramelize. Stir in pecans and nutmeg (could also add lemon peel if wanted for a twist). Turn off heat and cool.
4. Carefully layer potatoes in pre-baked pie crust. Bake 15 - 20 minuets in a 425 oven.
5. Cool and brush with left over syrup from skillet.
6. Can be served with whipped cream if desired.
|Goes great with ham - Enjoy!|
Adapted from "Better Homes and Gardens" October 2011