Friday, May 1, 2009

A Land Flowing with Milk and Honey...





So this is a glimpse of what a land flowing with milk and honey might be.
Because it is spring we are receiving, every day, at least 4-6 gallons of milk. We are making lots of keifer, yogurts, cheese, butter as when spring grass is gone milk production will go down as well.
We also harvested our honey this past week and got 7 gallons from three hives! It tastes wonderful - I've never had anything quite like fresh honey.

Thanks for stopping by - until next post God Bless.

4 comments:

Carissa Blanchard said...

Delightful and Delicious! Good Job Guys! I can't wait to get our bees back. We found a local lady with land who is thrilled to have our bees on her property! We just have to go get them as some point! :o) You should make some honey butter too, that tastes amazing on toast, especially with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top! That's my children's favorite breakfast!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Honey and Milk! That's not only a lot of honey, but that was a lot of milk in your fridge! It looked like five gallons! Yum! I am going to dream about honey and milk tonight!

Josiah

Jill said...

Oh yea...I agree, you should make honey butter. I remember having that on toast when I was a little girl....mmnmnmnmnmn so delicious!

Anonymous said...

Hello Griffins;

Just stopping in to catch up with the farm. I see you are all being very productive with the milk and honey. It's great to see everyone looking to well. Happy belated birthday David and happy Mother's day Dory.

Best Wishes and Hugs,
Carolyn

Pslams 144:12 -

That our sons may be as plants
and our daughters may be pillars sculptured in palace style.


My Blog List