Saturday, December 18, 2010

Stockings Hung With Care....
















Here is our newest member of the family...haven't thought of a name and he will probably melt by the time we think of one anyway....snow gets heavy and it took two of us to lift his middle!

Stockings Hung With Care is the title of this blog...but you are wondering why since there is not one picture of a stocking being hung. Well, since all of my Christmas stuff is still packed and I can't get to it, and last year was so sad without "stockings", I decided to do something different! I went to Walmart and purchased these cute bags with matching colors and have dubbed them our official stockings for this year. I brought them in and put them on the table and the children's faces were so full of delight - I was so glad I did this. The two little packages are Christmas Eve and Christmas Day family gifts...they are movies and will be a welcome treat for all of us.
I'm hoping you find ways to bring joy to your family this holiday season. I've learned that things aren't always going to be what you expect and I can choose to dwell on the things we have lost, like I did last year, or I can purpose in my heart to "count it all joy". I don't think this stocking idea would have come to me if I was dwelling on the loss, and I know our Christmas season would not be as bright - I'm so thankful for the Lord who tells us what to do in adversity..."count it all joy"!
Merry Christmas to all of you!

No comments:

Pslams 144:12 -

That our sons may be as plants
and our daughters may be pillars sculptured in palace style.


My Blog List