Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rollin'





















Leave it to my son to figure this out for me! For years I've, off and on, made home made tortillas but with not so pleasing results....they never tasted as good as the stores and they never ROLLED...and how can you have burritos without a rolled tortilla? After several recipes I found one that is perfect....it calls for half lard and half oil instead of all oil and I improvised and put my oldest son in charge. He did a wonderful job as they turned out with great flavor and they rolled...rolled...rolled! The trick, he said, was to have the pan really, really HOT and to only cook the tortillas for a few seconds on each side and keep them covered with a towel before serving!

Thank you son for figuring this out - can't wait till we have burritos or tacos again for your wonderful tortillas.

1 comment:

Carissa Blanchard said...

Awesome! Here's a really dumb question...what is lard? Butter? Pig fat? Hydrogenated shortening? I honestly have NO idea! :o)

Pslams 144:12 -

That our sons may be as plants
and our daughters may be pillars sculptured in palace style.


My Blog List